The Mail on Sunday has won the first High Court battle in the Duchess of Sussex’s privacy claim against it over the publication of a letter to her estranged father.
The decision to reduce service fee for patents, utility models and industrial designs for students, research centres and…114 Views | the publication reaches you by | Oman News
The duchess is suing the company over five articles, two in the Mail on Sunday and three on MailOnline, which reproduced parts of a ‘private and confidential’ handwritten letter she sent to Thomas Markle, 75, in August 2018.
During the preliminary hearing last week, the judge was told the letter had been published by Associated Newspapers to satisfy the ‘curiosity’ of readers, which it had ‘deliberately generated’.
But in a ruling on Friday, Mr Justice Warby struck out those parts of Meghan’s claim against the publisher, including that it acted ‘dishonestly’ by leaving out certain passages of the letter.
He said those allegations should not form part of her case at this stage, because they were ‘irrelevant’ to her claim for misuse of private information.
In a significant endorsement that will support exports to European Union (EU) markets, Oman’s largest cement manufacturer, Raysut…274 Views | the publication reaches you by | Oman News
Do you have information you want to reach our readers?