COVID-19: Oman confirms 162 further cases, 10 deaths

      Published on Monday, 17 August , 2020      659 Views     
COVID-19: Oman confirms 162 further cases, 10 deaths

  • Coronavirus

Oman announced Sunday that its overall infections of the novel coronavirus have risen to 83,086, an increase of 162 new cases against the tally reported the day before.

The Omani Health Ministry put the total deaths from COVID-19 at 572 with 10 new fatalities.

The total number of recovered patients in the sultanate has reached 77,680, or 93.5 per cent, the ministry said, according to the Omani news agency ONA.

The ministry added that the number of patients receiving intensive care treatment are 151.

Last week, a Health Ministry report said that epidemiological data indicate a drop in infection cases in Oman.



On Saturday, Omani authorities lifted a ban on nighttime movement that was imposed to contain the spread of COVID-19.


Category Coronavirus, Government | 2020/08/17 latest update at 3:47 PM
Source : Gulf News | Photocredit : Google
660 Views
Comments Add comment



Gulf Media

Related Articles

The editorial staff of Oman Today would like to give all of its readers from Oman and Gulf and the whole world the opportunity to participate actively in the development of the website! If you have something interesting, fun, scandalous - just something worth to be seen from more people. Capture it and share it in the Oman Today with a short text.

Do you have information you want to reach our readers?

Send article/s

You can subscribe to our Facebook, Twitter pages or use our RSS feed channel to always read the most important news about Oman, the Gulf and the world.